Friday, October 21, 2011

Names are very important. Yes.

Exhibit A: Screenshot of
late afternoon otter talk
I've been meaning to address a name issue for a little while and am finally doing so now as I've found the reference I've been searching for. In this reference (see Exhibit A: Screenshot of late afternoon otter talk), mention was made of pup 540 at the Monterey Bay Aquarium hopefully getting a proper name in short order. A happy German asian small-clawed otter celebrity remarked that "all otters should have proper names! Where I come from (Aquazoo) we do get names. Yes."

Nemo is adorable, and of course his sentiments are something hubby and I have worked into conversations more and more. Like, "I think we should have fish for dinner. Yes.", etc. Notice that I've blued out the last part of my name - that's because I use my maiden and married names on Facebook, mainly as I never use my husband's last name otherwise. I'm not sure if he'd like to be well known on this blog since he's more of an introvert than I am, so I've greened his name out. For all intents and purposes, my legal name is pretty much obviously obvious in this blog's url, so I'm not hiding who I am, I'm just sharing my more personal side under a different name in the Facebook screenshots. Just wanted to clear that up for anyone wondering.

Speaking of the importance of names, descriptions are also very important, especially when people are involved (more so than inanimate objects anyway, even though Ikea has done a great job with naming their products). Yes. Like how hubby is an INTP and I'm an INFJ (unless he's temporarily INFP and I'm temporarily ENFJ). Like how the Texas Rangers are the 2010 and 2011 ALCS Champions. (Hopefully they'll be the 2011 World Series Champions as well; it's 1-1 with the St. Louis Cardinals at present. This is a Very Important Thing here in North Texas, this description.) Like Nancy Upton is not the Next Big Thing but doesn't need to be since she's perfectly awesome as she is. If you're not familiar with the name Nancy Upton or the whole Next Big Thing thing, educate yourself here. And swoon over her hotness here and here. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment