Thursday, October 6, 2011

Well then.

Bringing my iPad1 to the Genius Bar at a local Apple store was a nice experience. The whole Apple Store experience is great, with the minimalist zen design, many friendly staff, customer-oriented service, etc. I showed a guy screenshots I took of my being fully connected to home wifi and not being able to connect to the internet via friendly auto-message from Safari saying it couldn't connect to the internet. I explained to him how I'd tried everything, reset the router, got a new router, redid security settings, blah, how everything else on the home network worked just great, blah, and he ended up replacing it with a new iPad1. Score!

But. *sigh*

I found myself a bit worried when syncing the new iPad with my iTunes backup, since it had the same "not charging" in the upper right corner. There's been no problems with charging at all so I've figured it should've said "now charging" instead. I guess. Anyway, iTunes told me that this iPad had been synced with another iTunes library before and did I want to back up from my backup? My brow furrowed while I thought, "Great, I wonder if this had or has the same issues as the last one." Sure enough....

Looking online again, scouring more Apple forums and support boards, I came across some poor sod who went through this 9 times. With 9 different iPads. Holy. Crap. I did see a suggestion that I'd not tried, so I'm trying it now and hoping for the best. I'll go back to surfing on it for a bit before going back to the Apple store and hitting up Genius Bar Guy again, but it'll be trippy if turning the auto-brightness to off is what fixes the dropping wifi issue. Really, HUH??? (but it was an official Apple suggestion, so I'm trying it)

In other news, my chiropractor wants to see me again in 5 days (on Tuesday) because my neck is so jacked. My SCMs on both sides are practically bulletproof, they're so tight. The usual Active Release Technique treatments helped, but only a little, so I got sent to the e-stim machine again. (For the third visit in a row.) After 3 different guys worked on me. For about 30 minutes total. My throat feels way swollen but I think it's half due to the muscle tightness, half due to allergy drainage. If this sounds like fun to you, I want to know what drugs you're on, because this sucks. Hubby has developed visible allergy bumps on the inside of his eyelid again, and this hasn't happened in a few years so the allergy misery is being shared by many others here, I'm sure. The orange level ozone alert days don't help either, and of course the chemical plant that blew up this week 40 miles from home isn't helping either.

No comments:

Post a Comment