Friday, October 7, 2011

Interconnectivity

Today was a lazy day and the iPad is still giving me agita, but not as often as it was. I just set it to a static IP address that will hopefully work, and will test connectivity during Fringe tonight. I reallly really really don't want to bring it back and go through the whole thing with a new one again.

A few days ago on Facebook, I shared some info about pinkwashing. Today in my Facebook feed, I saw a link to an article about it in the Dallas Morning News paired with these comments from the article's author: "An interesting Facebook note: The way I got this story is that one of y'all -- damned if I can remember who -- posted a link on FB to the Think Before You Pink folks and their objections to Promise Me. I thought that it was interesting enough to pursue -- and journalism ensued."

Think Before You Pink.
I left this comment: "It might've been me, since the info is on my wall from a few days ago. I'm really tired of all of the pinkwashing, and as a triple negative breast cancer survivor, them knowingly pushing a toxic product pisses me off. Especially as people going through treatment need to stay away from anyone wearing perfume or cologne, which one would think the folks at Komen should know. One of the directors I interviewed with there 6 years ago had the same type of breast cancer I did, so I'm pretty sure she knows. Thanks for bringing awareness of this to everyone."

It's a small world after all.
I mentioned this on my wall, right after mentioning some exciting related news. It's not every day that one of your childhood friends gets quoted in Reuters. I learned about this from one of her relatives, who I hope isn't having to deal with the protesters occupying Wall Street. I'd have to drive past protesters every week for quite a while when I worked for the local Catholic diocese some years ago. This was when the priest shuffling and sex abuse issues went nationwide. Back then, I wished things were handled differently, but I loved my job and what I did to help people. I'd mentioned to him how weird it was for me to see the different viewpoints in the media, anyway. Those who know me well know where I stand on these things, and btw I added a Zeitgeist category to my Pinterest earlier today. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment