Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And now.... for something completely whatever.

I'm making progress with figuring out what I want my online presence to look like. Ideally I'd love something simple, elegant, and easily managed since I'm spread across social media. Sorta. My Tumblr is dead to me and my Twitter is mostly filled with Foursquare bleats, although I'd love to get back to tweeting soon. (It's only been a year or so.) Facebook is a constant and I'm on Google Plus and LinkedIn as well. I'm trying to not spend a ton of time on Pinterest, too. I've decided to go with having a main website for consolidation and random whatnot, using the various services for various things. I'll likely go with 500px for portfolio stuff but may still use Picasa / Google Photos for photo album stuff to share. Still thinking on that though.

She loves technology, always and forever.
On Facebook, I'm rocking the bald look from chemo in 2004 to raise awareness of pinkwashing since it's Breast Cancer Season month. I've already had one person ask for my skull when I'm done with it, but hubby already has dibs since he actually uses skulls and other bones for studies. He's gotten amazingly awesome with his drawing skills over the last few years. I also wrote a haiku about a vacuum cleaner for one of my friends. I love writing haiku about odd things and for no reason whatsoever. I love life. *whisper* I love lamp.

This also reminds me of some poetry I wrote back in high school days as a transition during humorous interpretations at drama competitions. I still remember it since I memorized it so well. :)

Ode to a Piece of Gum

Oh, to be a piece of gum on the floor...
People trample on me and say nothing more
Than what I do say, which is nothing at all.
To be a piece of gum in the hall
Of a high school would be such a horrible mess.
I'd hear whispers and gossip as shiny shoes press
On and step on and smear me to kingdom come.
So this is what life is for pieces of gum -
To be used and abused after once being used,
And to end up on shoes being nastily crude.

*takes bow*

No comments:

Post a Comment