Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I have a problem with my pants.

See, I have some pants that I've enjoyed wearing for.... what, maybe four years already? (Wowza, nice.) I'm now able to pull them down without undoing the zipper and wide thin hook catch dillie and button. Actually, I was able to do this last week, but it's kinda getting worse, and now I'm going to have to go shopping.

OH THE HORROR!!!

I loathe clothes shopping. Always have. Especially now that it's 107ish till October, I really hate it. Thank Buddha for elastic pants and laziness.

I'm down 8.2 pounds in 5 weeks, and I still have to eat 2 more required Points Plus for today, so I'mma have some booze. Yep, 2 shots of peach schnappes in diet cream soda, with my half-a-huge-cantaloupe. Tasty. I've had another 9.75 hour workday (I seem to be having a lot of those lately, which is great because I can do those again, but blargh, you know?) so I will deffo appreciate it.

In other news, it's runoff election day, and Texas has not disappointed me in the "we love tea!" category. (I hate tea. I not only dislike Tea Partiers in that they don't seem to enjoy rational conversation, but I actively dislike tea. Peach tea, green tea, apple tea, oolong tea with ginger, all that. I do not like tea. Since I'm half-asian, that makes me even more strange than most half-asians. I also dislike math, and I don't know how to play the violin other than having taken a class for one semester in college. I'm a bad asian. Woo, tangent.)

I'm worried about my cousin out in California and his new wife. They've been together for a while but haven't been married for too long, and she's having to play in Los Angeles traffic while he's starting treatment for acute myeloid leukemia. So far, so frustrating, and I hope it gets at least a little easier soon. I love how people mean so well when advising to do nutritional this and that because chemo destroys the immune system. Really, yes, but speaking as a cancer survivor, you've GOT to let the chemo work as medicine for a few days, otherwise the whole thing is a colossal and very expensive waste of time. I had to mention this on the Facespace, and also mentioned that my oncologist loved that I was seeing a nutritionist and taking Juice Plus supplements and getting massages in between treatments. I definitely felt much better when recovering from each session, and I'm glad I got the Western and alternative care I needed. I still worry about others having to go through the same and/or similar things, though.

How 'bout them Olympics? Yeah, I haven't watched any of it. I hear NBC has been pissing everyone off, but that's nothing new. They pissed me off years ago talking all over Bjork's incredible performance. She kinda had a wardrobe malfunction as the dress was supposed to unfold vertically as well (if memory serves me correctly), but it was still amazing to see. Here's that beauty unsullied by the commentary, because fuck those fucking fuckers.


No comments:

Post a Comment