Friday, February 17, 2012

Quote of the Day and life update

"... not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."  - William Bruce Cameron

This is usually attributed to my homeboy Albert Einstein, who apparently often said, "Many of the things you can count, don't count. Many of the things you can't count really count."

I like that. It sounds better when he says it, in my head.

In life news, we've moved but still haven't unpacked everything. I can't find any matching pairs of socks. I tried to not freak out too much while on the phone with SOMEONE COMPETENT at Cigna today. She confirmed that my Certificates of Creditable Coverage were on file and proceeded to kick three things back to Claims for processing. Hallefreakinglujah, especially since one was from, oh, LAST MAY. She was also not sure why I got a form for a physician re: seeing another physician during a certain time period, since the CCCs cover any pre-existing conditions. Incompetence. It's not what's for dinner or lunch today! *happy dance*

Claude (my iPhone, named after Claude Debussy) is senile. I'd love to play with a Samsung Galaxy Note in person since I love everything about it, but since I'm still jobbing, I may or may not get that soon. I'm also looking at less expensive Android phones like the Galaxy S II Skyrocket, wondering if I should wait and consider a Galaxy S III Skyrocket and/or iPhone 5, and fretting about Claude's power constantly draining at an alarming rate because the power button doesn't work. (I can't even snap photos 90% of the time.) I used to have a Samsung not-so-smart phone and it worked very well for me, so I'm looking forward to seeing what all they have out now. Okay, maybe I'll have to consider the HTC Titan 2, which isn't on AT&T's site at present, but OMG with the 16 MP camera plus second camera for chatting. I used to have a Windows Mobile phone 6 years ago (Cingular 8125) and loved it, so I might have to look at the WinMo7.5 now. Hope that OS has improved.

We had a friend (I'll call her Red Fraggle since I'm totally Mokey Fraggle) stay with us one recent weekend due to a sci fi expo in town. With 4 of the cast of Firefly there, uh, yeah. No brainer. I still need to go through my photos. I definitely need to learn how to knit so I can get in on some Jayne Hat action.

No comments:

Post a Comment