Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oatmeal. Oatmeal is cool.

Today is National Oatmeal Month. I learned this by searching for the cooking time of rolled oats. I'm incredibly loving the texture of the rolled oats I got from the bulk aisle at Sprouts (99 cents a pound, y'all!), mixed with Kerrygold butter and pure dark maple syrup (Sprouts brand). OMG. OMG to the max. It didn't take much longer to cook than the quick oats - instead of cooking for one minute, I cooked them for like, three, about when the water evaporated. I used a cup of oats and a cup and a quarter of water since I knew I'd be cooking them longer. Total om nom nom nom more.

More links to oatmeal goodness:

Wiki on oats

You're Doing It Wrong: Granola

Warm Up With a Healthier Bowl of Oatmeal

Blueberry Banana Oat Bread

Ooh - National Oatmeal Monday is coming up!!
Oatmeal: True Comfort Food

I have a bag of award-winning Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats in our pantry and so can't wait to go all nom. I've had McCann's Irish Oatmeal (also steel cut oats) before but Bob's was $2.99 for 24 oz. at Sprouts (I heart Sprouts) so meh. Very seriously considering ordering from Bob's here.

And now is the time on Sprockets when we dance!

Incidentally, my most favorite Sprockets clip is so disturbing, but it's so awesome. It features Kyle MacLachlan, for Einstein's beautiful and angular sake. Hubby and I watched "Dune" over the weekend, so I had to find this clip online. Now I am as happy as a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment