Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wheeeeeee!!!!

Well, turns out the stuff I'd mentioned to the asshat at AT&T *was* in the terms and conditions, and when I talked with someone else about it last week, I was surprised to hear that my iPad was still using the 3G. Whaaa? Long story short, I would've had to pay for the use anyway since the cellular data setting was still on, even though I'd cancelled my plan. I'm pretty sure I reset that to be on accidentally when I was checking to make sure it was still cancelled way back when. Or something. I dunno.

My thumb is way better and is still a little sore in a tiny area but that's okay since there's two additional layers of skin there now. The cancer recurrence scare I've been going through (did I even mention that? Not gonna bother to look back through the blog due to brain zaps) is basically over, since both a ductogram and Aurora breast MRI were negative. My endo's been feeling worse so I'm going to try Zoladex, which is kinda like Lupron but not, and it's supposed to help me be pelvic pain free for two years after being in six months of menopause. We're currently waiting to see if insurance will cover it, and I'm hoping my part will be affordable assuming it's covered. My surgeon's wife said, "Good luck with that!" when I filled her in this afternoon, due to the lovely insanity we had not long ago. She was also thrilled that I thought of her when noticing more discharge today. Yeah, I've been kinda preoccupied with a lot of things.

There's a lot more that's been going on, notably thinking logistically through my new grand plan to live in Chimayo, NM and be a chile farmer in six years (yes really), but I'm not going into any of that or into any of six other things because of brain zapping. See, I went from 60 mg of Cymbalta straight to 25 mg of Savella last week, and whoo boy it's NOT been fun. It is NOWHERE near as bad as when Effexor stopped working for me some years ago, but it's definitely not fun. I'm feeling really awful that I've asked for more hours at my part-time job but I haven't been able to make it in this week so far. :(

Yesterday I tried to make it to the new huge AT&T Mobility store so I could check out and probably get a white Samsung Galaxy Note. I also tried to make it to Target for getting Great Home Stuff (tm) (funny story re: the GHS that I won't get into here), then tried to make it to Kroger. I failed miserably on all counts. I had wanted to go across town to World Market and to Sprouts, but those are like 20 minutes away and I settled for driving just 2-3 miles away to everywhere else. I hadn't even reached the first place when I felt awfully dizzy, nauseated, clammy, and blugh, so stopped at McDeath for a double cheeseburger on the off-chance that I needed more fuel. (I'd only had pan-roasted carrots and a bell pepper for lunch.) I still felt pretty awful so I drove home instead of stopping anywhere I'd intended to go. That 10 minute drive felt like for-e-ver too. And then I crashed. At 5:30 pm. And was awakened to take evening meds just after 9pm, and then couldn't get back to sleep until 7:30 am, then woke at about 9:30 am, and such as. I made it to 8pm before crashing the other night (and sleeping through until Magic Morning Oatmeal Time at 6:15 am), and my sleep schedule has been off again from the med adjustment, but I am physically feeling better aside from the withdrawal crap so I guess that's something.

Today I actually made it to Target but hung on to the shopping cart for dear life for nearly two hours while going around the store very slowly. Out of the 15 things on my list of things to get, I totally skipped two intentionally because I was taking too freaking long.

*insert 10-12 minutes of spacing out at my computer desk just now*

Oh yeah, brain zaps. (Will maybe talk about other stuff another time, as if anyone wants to hear my reasonings for farming chile in Chimayo or about the two kilos of copper bullion I got from my fatherland of Pennsylvania.) The zaps are from Cymbalta withdrawals, and I'm thankful that they're nowhere near as bad as Effexor withdrawals but GAH they totally suck. I am feeling noticeably better on the Savella though, and have stopped taking both my Benadryl for sleepytime and half my tramadol for pain. And it's been ungodly swampy humid lately, so I should've been hurting way more than I have been. Woot! But these zaps... oy. I can deal with the headaches and sweatiness, but the nausea is blech and the dizziness is annoying and these zaps are just amazingly disconcerting.

Best description I've seen on the interweb:
“Brain zaps” are said to defy description for whomever has not experienced them, but the most common themes are of a sudden “jolt,” likened to an electric shock, apparently occurring or originating within the brain itself, with associated disorientation for a few seconds. The phenomenon is most often reported as a brief, wave-like electrical pulse that quickly travels across the surface of (or through) the brain. Some people experience these “waves” through the rest of their body, but the sensation dissipates quickly. They are sometimes accompanied by brief tinnitus and vertigo like feelings. Immediately following this shock is a light-headedness that may last for up to ten seconds. The sensation has also be described by many as a flashbulb going off inside the head or brain. Moving one’s eyes from side to side quickly while open has also been known to trigger these zaps and sometimes causing them to come in rapid succession. It is thought to be a form of neuro-epileptiform activity.
As withdrawal time increases, the frequency of the shocks decreases. At their peak, brain zaps have been associated with severe headaches. They may last for a period of several weeks after the last dose and usually resolve completely within a month or two. However, anecdotal reports of “zaps” during a protracted withdrawal are known to last a year or longer.
And on that note, I'm off to dream of otters and holding a Galaxy Note in hand before ordering one.

No comments:

Post a Comment